If you want to build muscles and get stronger biceps at home using your body weight, this set of Bodyweight Biceps curl exercises is perfect for you! Larger and stronger biceps are fantastic to look at, but more than that, they are also important in doing workouts that strengthen the back and improve posture.
Bodyweight Bicep Curl workouts for men and women
From this, bodyweight biceps curl exercises both men and women can take the advantage to see maximum gains. You can incorporate all the following exercises into your workout regimen.
It’s a myth that men and women need to perform different workouts for bicep gains. All the bodyweight biceps curl exercises below can be performed by both men and women for huge gains and strength.
1. Bodyweight Bicep Curl
The bodyweight bicep curl is a very effective bodyweight isolation exercise for building muscle and strength. Sometimes we just don’t have access to equipment, but that’s not an issue with the bicep leg curl, as you only need your arms and legs.
- Begin by sitting on a chair as close to the edge as possible. Then, place your right hand under your left thigh at the crease between your hamstrings and calves.
- Slowly curl your right up as high as you can. Exhale during this portion of the exercise.
- Hold for a couple of seconds. Then, slowly lower your leg back down, so your foot is just above the ground. Inhale during this portion of the exercise.
- Repeat for the desired number of reps. Repeat the exercise with your left arm.
- Try to get as much range of motion as possible.
- You can perform a variation of the bicep leg curl lying down.
2. Towel bicep curls
You can perform this exercise by standing with your back against the wall and grabbing both ends of a towel while putting one foot on a sling.
- Stand with your knees slightly bent, and your abs tucked in, your non-dominant arm down at your side with your palm facing forward. Put your opposite palm over your wrist.
- Make a fist with your working hand and execute a biceps curl with that arm while resisting it with the other.
- Shift the resistance on the way, so your palm pushes the working arm down. Return to the starting position.
- Finish your set, then repeat, with the other arm doing the work.
- Keep your core tight and your shoulders down while doing this exercise.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ’s)
Q. How often should we work on our biceps?
A. Biceps workout can be done at least 2 days a week with a minimum of 48-72 hours rest in between.
Q. Is it normal for my arms to pain after the workout?
A. It’s not normal to have pain in your arms after a workout. What you should be feeling is a mild soreness and not pain.
Q. How to combine bodyweight bicep curl exercises into a great home workout.
- Choose three of the exercises and do 8-12 repetitions.
- Do three sets of each exercise, with 90-120 seconds of rest between sets.
Push-ups for the chest are a strength-training exercise that involves raising and lowering the body …
Barbell lunge are a great exercise to strengthen your glutes, hamstrings and quads. But they can be …
Push-ups are a commonly performed, easy to execute, multijoint upper body exercise that do not requi…
The chest supported row exercise is similar to the bent over barbell row and allows you to concentra…