If you’re looking to lose weight, it’s a good idea to focus on burning body fat. Burning fat leads to weight loss because you will have less fat stuck to your body.
There are many health benefits for losing belly fat to reduce the risk of heart disease, diabetes and even cancer. Losing weight, especially belly fat, also improves blood vessel functioning and also improves sleep quality.
Some other benefits to having a low body fat percentage, like jeans fitting more comfortably and muscles looking more toned and defined, it also comes with big health benefits.
The best way to reduce weight is by doing exercise for 30 minutes, 3 to 4 times per week and eating healthy. This will burn calories and fat in your body.
- What Causes Weight Gain?
- What Are Weight Loss Exercises?
- These exercises will help you burn fat faster than ever before.
- How To Start The Workout For Fat Loss?
- 10 Best Weight Loss Exercises at Home
- 1. Bent Knee Lying Twist
- 2. Knee Plank
- 3. Alternate Heel Touches
- 4. Bicycle Crunch
- 5. Seated Bicycle Twist
- 6. Mountain Climber
- 7. Incline Push Up
- 8. Standing Crunches
- 9. Crunches
- 10. Wall Squat
- Best Supplement To Lose Weight
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Q. What type of exercise is best for weight loss?
- Q. Can you lose weight by exercising 30 minutes a day?
- Q. How Much Weight Can You Lose in 1 Week by Exercising at Home?
- Q. How can a beginner start losing weight?
- Related Posts
- 10 BEST Weight Loss Exercises To Reduce Weight At Home — FASTEST WAY
What Causes Weight Gain?
Before starting a weight loss exercise regimen, it is important to understand why you are gaining weight in the first place.
Once you understand the reason for your weight gain or obesity, you will know which type of weight loss exercise will be most effective for you.
There are a few common causes of weight gain, including
- Improper lifestyle
- Bad eating behaviour
- Metabolism slowing down with age
- Being less physically active
- Hormones and genetics
- Underlying medical conditions
- Use of certain medications
Once you’ve figured out why you’re overweight, you can start doing weight loss exercises at home to help cut down on it.
Although anyone can try these weight loss exercises at home, certain conditions make weight loss exercise and working out potentially harmful. If you have any of the below conditions, you should not do these exercises and consult a doctor.
- A spine injury
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome
- Strained muscles and ligaments.
- Any other medical condition.
What Are Weight Loss Exercises?
Weight loss exercises are exercises that help you burn more calories than you consume. Your body will burn fat to get more calories, which will lead to a reduction in weight.
People usually turn to running, cycling, walking, or other forms of exercise in order to lose weight, and these forms of exercise typically focus on frequent movement of the major muscles.
If you want to lose weight, choose an easy weight loss workout that will help you lose some extra kilograms without being too hard.
These exercises will help you burn fat faster than ever before.
Cardiovascular and strength training exercises help to burn more calories than other types of exercise. If you do not have access to a gym, then you can still perform these exercises at home.
For you to lose weight while at home, you need to do various aerobic exercises, as those exercises burn the most calories. Apart from aerobic exercises, strength training exercises can help with weight loss by building muscles.
Don’t worry too much about the duration of your training, as long as it’s of high quality, it will still help you burn fat even after your workout. After doing high-intensity cardio exercise and strength training, your bodies metabolism stays high and the body burns fat as a result.
However, do not neglect strength training. The simple truth is that the more muscle you have, the more fat your body is going to burn at rest.
You just need to make sure that you are exercising for 30 minutes three to four times a week.
How To Start The Workout For Fat Loss?
To start the workout, you have to figure out how much you weigh and how much BMI you have. This is not just limited to weight only because your gender, race, and your ethnicity along with height play an equally important role.
Women generally have more fat as compared to men, and the average weight of a man is much more than women. So, you can use any online BMI calculator to figure out your BMI.
Now, simply look for the average BMI for someone your age, height, and gender and this will offer you an estimate of how much weight you need to lose.
In order to lose weight, it is important to exercise as much as possible. But exercising in a gym can be expensive, and not everyone has the time or money to go there. Luckily, we can do some exercises at home that are just as effective.
In this post, we will go through five of the best weight loss exercises at home and how they are beneficial for you.
10 Best Weight Loss Exercises at Home
Here are the 10 best and most popular exercise programs that you can do at home to make yourself stronger, fitter, and healthier.
1. Bent Knee Lying Twist
This exercise will help you reduce belly fat and tone up your abs.
Lying Bent Knee twist is a beginner-friendly bodyweight exercise that builds muscle and strength in the obliques. This is a great moderate move and when done correctly, it can effectively target your core and abs.
The lying bent-knee oblique twist is an isolation exercise you can do the weighted version of the exercise with a ball in between your legs.
How To Do It
- Lie on back on the floor or mat with arms extended out to the sides to keep your body stable during the exercise.
- Raise bent legs bend your legs at a 90-degree angle, so thighs are vertical and lower legs are horizontal.
- Keeping your shoulders in contact with the floor, slowly lower your legs to one side until you feel a mild stretch in your lower back.
- Now, rotate your legs all the way to the right. Repeat for the desired number of reps.
2. Knee Plank
If you want to lose weight quickly, then you need to start doing some simple exercises. One of them is called “Knee plank”.
The plank is one of the best exercises that help you strengthen your core, spine, arms, back and shoulders. In other words, it helps you engage all the body muscles between the shoulders to your toes. Helps in tightening our mid-section.
Once you master the Forearm Plank on your knees, you can move up to a full Forearm Plank. These planks should be done in time increments.
Related Post: Plank Exercise: Benefits, Variations, Muscles Worked, Tips
How To Do It
- Lie faces down on an exercise mat with your elbows to your sides, your head facing forward, and palms flat on the floor.
- Bend your knees, so your feet are up in the air, then press into your forearms and rise up on your knees so that only your forearms and knees touch the floor.
- Your body should hover a few inches off the floor in a straight line from shoulders to knees.
- Brace your core by contracting your abs as if you were about to be punched in the gut.
- Hold this position for a set amount of time.
3. Alternate Heel Touches
This exercise will help you reduce belly fat and improve your posture.
Alternate heel touches also known as lying oblique reach is an at-home workout exercise that targets oblique and also involves abs.
It is one of the great oblique exercises that can be done easily by a beginner to activate and grow their midsection.
The exercise mimics other oblique exercises such as the dumbbell side bend and oblique crunch.
Best exercises to train oblique: Standing Oblique Exercises For Stronger & Toned Core
How To Do It
- Lie down flat on the floor, your back, and hips touch the ground. Bend your knees and place your hands extended along your torso.
- Now, contract your abs by pulling your belly button towards your spine and crunch your torso to the right until you can touch your right heel with your right hand.
- Pause for a second and feel the stretching in your abdominal muscles.
- Come back to the starting position, touch your left hand to the left heel, do the recommended number of repetitions every time with alternate hand side.
4. Bicycle Crunch
It is one of the best ways to burn calories quickly. To make it easier to do the exercise you can make the angle that your knees make smaller and to make the exercise harder you can make the angle between your legs bigger.
How To Do it
- Lie on the floor with your legs straight and lower back flat on the floor.
- Place your hands behind your head and raise your feet and upper back a little off the floor.
- Slowly start raising your knees about a 45-degree angle.
- Go through a bicycle pedaling motion with your legs as you alternately touch your elbows to the opposite knees, twisting back and forth
5. Seated Bicycle Twist
If you are looking to work your core, this air bicycle maneuver is a great choice. It’s a no-equipment, beginner’s level exercise you can do anywhere. Use it as part of your core strengthening workout, or add it to a full-body fat loss workout.
The seated bicycle twist builds strength in the core and hips, with an emphasis on the obliques. The exercise also increases strength in the lower back and improves balance, coordination, and stability.
How To Do It
- Sit on the floor with your knees bent to 90 degrees.
- Bring your knees towards your chest with your hands placed behind your head for support.
- Position your torso at about a 45-degree angle and extend one leg forward.
- Then, twist your torso so that one elbow touches the other knee, which is still bent.
- Return to the starting position to repeat with opposite side.
6. Mountain Climber
A full-body workout that burns excess calories and fat from the body. The targeted areas of this workout are the biceps, hamstring muscles, core, triceps, and chest.
Mountain climbers are one of the best exercises to include in your home workout if you are looking to lose weight.
It is an explosive bodyweight exercise that engages multiple muscle groups at once, helping to improve your balance, agility, coordination, strength, flexibility, and blood circulation. Almost like getting a total-body workout with just one exercise.
How To Do It
- Start in the push-up position with your arms completely straight and directly beneath your shoulders.
- Your body should form a straight line from your shoulders to your ankles.
- Squeeze your abs, lift one foot off the floor and bring your knee up towards your chest while keeping your body in as straight of a line as possible.
- Return to the starting position and repeat the movement with your opposite leg.
7. Incline Push Up
Push-up exercises are good as it burns calories quickly and makes you focus on the larger muscles in your upper body. Push-up workout also focuses on your chest, shoulders, back, biceps, and triceps.
Push up exercise will also strengthen your core muscles and make your body physically stable and healthy.
Working on your chest and core can be beneficial for weight loss, and inclined push-ups can at least burn 7 calories per minute.
Other best Push-ups variation: 20 Different Types Of Push Ups For Mass And Strength
How To Do It
- Stand approximately 3 to 3.5 feet away from a low bench or sturdy chair. Reach forward and grab the sides of the chair or in front of the bench, keeping the balls of your feet in contact with the ground.
- Slowly lower yourself by flexing your elbows so that your chest comes within a few inches of the edge of the chair or bench.
- Using your hands, push yourself back to starting position while focusing on maintaining a straight body position from head to ankle.
- The movement should be smooth and controlled.
8. Standing Crunches
Oblique crunches done while standing helps build obliques and abdominal muscles for strength and stability. Oblique standing crunches also do an excellent job of improving balance.
This is yet another simple and best exercise you can add to your home workout routine for fast weight loss.
Whether you are a beginner or an experienced exerciser, these crunches are a great addition to your routine.
How To Do it
- Get into a standing position with your knees slightly bent, your feet hip-width apart, and your hands behind your head.
- Bend your left knee and shift your weight to the left. Then, crunch to the right side and bring your right knee up toward your elbow.
- Return to the starting position by lowering your right leg.
- Switch your legs and repeat until the set is over.
Crunch is one of the all-time favorite Abs exercises that you can do at home. The crunch motion occurs in the upper spine, and your shoulders rise a few inches off the floor.
Your lower back remains in contact with the floor, and there is no motion at the hips. This is In contrast to the sit-up, where the movement occurs at the waist and hips.
How To Do it
- Lie on the floor with your knees bent, feet and low back are flat on the floor.
- Place your hands behind your head, contract through your abs to lift your shoulders and upper back off the floor.
- Hold this position for a second before slowly lowering back to the starting position, making the negative portion of the rep as slow and deliberate as the positive portion.
- Repeat the desired number of reps.
10. Wall Squat
Wall squats help you burn calories and stop fat from building up in your lower body. This exercise helps to reduce weight and improve balance and mobility.
A beginner should aim for 3 sets of 12-15 reps to get better results.
Shaping and strengthening your lower body is needed to torch calories for weight loss.
Related Post: Best Bodyweight Leg Exercises That You Can Do Anywhere
How To Do It
- Place your back against a wall and make sure that your feet are at least 12 inches away from the wall.
- Next, you bend your knees and drop into a squat position.
- You should keep your back against the wall while you’re doing all this.
- Stop when your thighs are parallel to the ground.
- Hold for a few seconds, then return to the original position.
Best Supplement To Lose Weight
Is a slow metabolism the reason for your struggles to lose weight no matter how much you diet and exercise?
Discover the secret to weight loss success with Alpilean.
The ultimate weight loss solution.
Try it for yourself now.
Wishing you health and happiness.
Exercise is an essential component of weight loss. You must follow a workout routine that is planned according to your goals and requirements.
You can lose weight fast at home with the above listed workouts, which are easy to do.
A good workout routine and a proper diet plan are required to lose weight. So start your fitness journey with a healthy meal plan and a workout routine that includes the exercises mentioned above.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q. What type of exercise is best for weight loss?
For anyone looking to lose weight, it is essential to incorporate both strength training and cardiovascular exercises into their routine. This, when combined with the right diet, will help you achieve your weight loss goals.
Q. Can you lose weight by exercising 30 minutes a day?
Yes, you can. But you need to make sure that you do the correct exercises with good intensity, and frequency.
But, if your goal is to lose weight quickly, you have to increase your workout time.
It’s a good idea to get in touch with a certified fitness trainer to understand what exercises you need to do and how.
Q. How Much Weight Can You Lose in 1 Week by Exercising at Home?
The amount of weight you lose is based on how many calories you burn. If you burn around 500 calories a day, you should be able to lose half a kilogram of weight within a week. You can also make changes to your diet to create a calorie deficit.
If you want to shed weight at the rate of 1 kg per week, it is important to know 1 kg is equal to how many calories. There are a total of 7700 calories in 1 kilogram of body fat.
Q. How can a beginner start losing weight?
Regular exercise for at least 30 minutes per day and dietary changes that induce a calorie deficit, such as cutting out empty carbs, processed foods, products with added sugars, etc., can help you lose about half a kilo to one kilo of weight every week.
1. Frequency of Exercise for Body Fat Loss: A Controlled, Cohort Study
2. The Effects of High-Intensity Interval Training vs. Moderate-Intensity Continuous Training on Heart Rate Variability in Physically Inactive Adults
3. Weight Management: State of the Science and Opportunities for Military Programs.
4. 11 Best Exercises for Weight Loss, According to Experts and Research
5. Metabolic Adaptations to Weight Loss: A Brief Review
6. Weight Loss and Exercise Training Effect on Oxygen Uptake and Heart Rate Response to Locomotion