The incline dumbbell squeeze press is an upper body workout that engages the upper pec muscles, the triceps, and the anterior deltoid muscles of the shoulders. The angle of the adjustable bench in this variation puts more tension on your upper chest muscles than a flat bench press.
The incline dumbbell squeeze press is also easy to learn and progressively overload, which is why it’s used to good effect in both novice and advanced training programs.
Incline dumbbell squeeze press muscles worked
The incline dumbbell squeeze press primarily works the upper pectoralis major muscles, in addition to its target to the main pec muscle.
It has the involvement of several synergist muscles, these muscles include,
A handful of other muscles worked or play the role of stabilizer muscles, include your
How To Do Incline Dumbbell Squeeze Press
- Take the one dumbbell and grab it with both hands. Then, lay down on the incline bench.
- Place the dumbbell at center, and lift them up over your chest.
- Lower the dumbbell to touch your chest, and then push the dumbbell back up.
- Repeat for the desired number of repetitions.
- During the squeeze press, the dumbbells are kept in contact with each other at all times, and you’re actively squeezing them inward (against each other) as hard as possible.
DB Incline squeeze press Benefits
There are several reasons that motivate you to do incline dumbbell squeeze press, and I’ve mentioned some of them below.
- It requires more balance than barbells or machines that can lead to greater muscle fiber recruitment.
- Incline db squeeze press allows for greater joint safety and stabilization and allows the joints to move naturally within their range of motion.
- The dumbbell squeeze press works your muscles in different angles and will provide you with a stronger, more defined chest in no time.
- It allows for a greater range of movement (ROM), which leads to an increased number of muscle fibers recruited.
- It affords a greater level of variety, which prevents physical and mental burnout.
- Furthermore, it requires more muscular control than barbells, enhancing kinesthetic awareness.
Training Volume (Sets And Reps) For incline DB squeeze press
Of course, the number of sets and reps will be determined based on your fitness journey, but here is a great starting point:
- 3-4 Sets
- 8-12 Reps
Choose a weight that allows you to execute the exercises with proper form throughout the entire set and repetition range. The load should bring you to or near failure within the given rep ranges to be effective.
To start, choose a relatively light weight. Aim to complete 3-4 sets of 8-12 reps at a lighter weight. Once you master the form, try experimenting with lower rep ranges and heavier weight to further challenge your muscles.
Healthy desserts are the jewel of healthy cooking. They are both satiating and satisfying, and you c…
Push-ups for the chest are a strength-training exercise that involves raising and lowering the body …